First Aid at Work
- The First Aid at Work Course is the taken by hundreds of thousands of students nationwide.
- It is widely recognised both in the UK and abroad as the leading Workplace Health & Safety course for workers across all industries. The course syllabus exceeds the requirements set by the HSE.
- The course is available nationwide.
- If you prefer just to secure your place today and pay later, you can place a £50 deposit by calling 020 7993 50 30
- Location of Training Centre
Do you need the training held just for your company and team only? Call us on 020 7993 50 30 or complete the form below.
First Aid at Work – QCF Level 3
The First Aid at Work course provides delegates the necessary skills and confidence to be able to respond to a range of accidents and First Aid emergencies that arise in the workplace.
First Aid at Work is highly recommended to all staff that currently work in high risk industries such as Construction, Engineering, Manufacturing, Railways and Agriculture. It is also highly recommended to those businesses that have a need to have First Aid qualified staff due to identification from risk assessments, large volume of staff, working in hazardous environments, working with staff who require special attention such as those with a disability or those that are pregnant.
The course is normally delivered with 18 hours of training that can be taken during the week or on weekends.
Course Content & Overview:
• How to assess a first aid situation and make the correct decisions
• Acting promptly, decisively and safely
• First aid equipment
• First aid without the correct equipment
• Recording first aid Incidents and the importance of this
• Cross infection and its prevention
• CPR – Cardiopulmonary resuscitation
• Heart attacks, strokes, epilepsy, asthma, diabetes
• Minor injuries including: cuts, grazes, bruises, burns, scalds, splinters
• First aid to an unconscious individual/victim
• First aid to a shock victim
• First aid to individuals/victims with wounds and bleeding
Provide First Aid to individuals/victims with:
• Anaphylactic shock
• Spinal damage
• Eye injuries
• Burns and scalds
• Chest injuries
A good understanding of reading, spoken and written English. Please note that this course is only conducted in English and therefore it is paramount that’s students are able to communicate in English.
Please feel free to contact us if you have any concerns.
All course materials are provided for the training course.
Students must attend all sessions of the First Aid training course.
This is a very interactive course and students are assessed daily throughout undertaking individual and group exercises, case studies and there is a multiple choice test on the final day of the course.
Qualification & Renewal
Students are awarded the First Aid at Work – QCF Level 3 Qualification Certificate & Card
The qualification is valid for 3 years, after which students will need to undertake a 2 day First Aid at Work Requalification course to maintain the qualification for a further 3 years.
The trainer assigned for your course delivery is accredited to deliver the First Aid Training Course and also arrange the necessary Certificate & Card.
We work with only those trainers who have significantly delivered to a high standard over a number of years and receive exceptionally positive feedback.
In House Training
This class is also available on what is known as in house training. We are able to arrange a trainer to come to your company premises to deliver the class on dates of your choosing. Please contact us for further details if this is a suitable option.
Please note minimum class size for the First Aid at Work is 4 students.
Will lunch be provided?
There will be refreshments provided such as tea and coffee, however lunch is not provided.
Is there free Parking?
Some venues have/don’t have free parking. Venues with free parking must be registered at reception for each of the course.
How long are the certificates valid?
First Aid Certificates are valid for 3 years.
What are the hours of the course?
The hours are 9am to 5pm for a 3 day course.
Is the First Aid course accredited?
Yes, the First Aid course is accredited for delivery.
Do I need any previous experience before I take the First Aid course?
NO previous qualifications are needed.