Abrasive Wheels Interactive
Almost half of all accidents involving abrasive wheels are due to operator error or unsafe systems of work. This course will provide the information to help you operate abrasive wheels safely.
At the end of the course, trainees will be able to:
- Define an abrasive wheel and its different types
- Appreciate the key characteristics of abrasive wheels
- Correctly mount and assemble abrasive wheels
- Inspect and test abrasive wheels before use
- Recognise common hazards associated with abrasive wheels
- Take appropriate action when using abrasive wheels.
- 1. An introduction to abrasive wheels
- Define abrasive wheels, the legal requirements and key characteristics.
- 2. Preparations before using abrasive wheels
- Learn about mounting and assembling abrasive wheels.
- 3. Testing and storing abrasive wheels
- Discover how to inspect and test abrasive wheels. Learn how to store, handle and transport abrasive wheels safely.
- 4. Reducing the risks when using abrasive wheels
- Identify the hazards and what personal protective equipment to use.
Who will it benefit?
This course will benefit all workers who handle abrasive wheels and require the knowledge to operate, assemble or move them safely.
How it works?
Abrasive Wheels is delivered online as an interactive course to each trainee on their computers, or portable device at any internet enabled location. The interactive course is engaging, informative and exciting to use. Using up-to-date,
modern graphical images, users will be faced with a selection of interactive elements and mini quizzes to test their knowledge.
Users will receive informative advice and guidance and will be tested on their understanding of the subject at the end of the course by completing the compulsory self-test.
This course also features a risk checklist which asks the user a series of questions relating to their current working environment.
Running Time: 25-30 minutes